On the border of dunes and peat, the landscape architect J.D. Zocher built in 1820 a country house, a white-plastered villa in neoclassical style. In 1950, the country estate was purchased by the municipality to establish the Bloemendaal town hall. For this purpose, Zocher’s villa was demolished, and a new building was erected, with the facade remaining identical to the original. Due to a necessary expansion, the building was modernized and expanded in 2011. In this design, again the original facade has been preserved and a new program has been realized within the contours of the original building. With this central housing, the municipal organizations of Bloemendaal, Overveen, Aerdenhout, Vogelenzang and Bennebroek, now have a physical representation and expression. One address, one face, one identity.